The cold, blustery day did not keep hungry people away!
Here are the latest statistics:
1 1/4 cup lentils cooked in 3 1/2 cups water until tender (45 minutes to an hour)
or 1 16 ounce can of lentils, drained
1/2 Tbsp. oil
2 cups sliced mushrooms or a 12-16 oz. can, drained
1 medium onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp. flour
1 teaspoon mustard
1 can condensed mushroom soup
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/2 tsp black pepper
3 cups uncooked egg noodles
- While the lentils cook, boil the noodles per package instructions. Drain.
- Grease casserole dish. Preheat the oven to 350.
- Saute mushrooms, onions and garlic until the onions wilt.
- Sprinkle with the flour. Stir and cook 2 to 3 minutes more. Add mustard, soup and yogurt to the pan. Stir again to make a thick sauce.
- Combine all of the ingredients and spread in the casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with parsley and bake for 30 minutes.
’til next time,